From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jun 2000 15:20:00 -0400
> Does anyone out there have an FIC VX-98 motherboard?
>
> FIC does not have a manual for it at their website and I need to know if
> it can use PC100 DIMMS. It has a slot for it but it might be for EDO
> DIMMs.

     What chipset does it use? I myself have an ASUS MB based on the 430 VX
chipset and although it takes SDRAM, it does not like PC100 SDRAM. If your
board is indeed Socket 7 (and not Super Socket 7) then I have found that
very few boards like PC100. The symptoms usually are that the system does
run but not all of the memory is recognized (in my example my board would
detect a 64MB module as 16MB, although sometimes is saw a little more). TTYL

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html