From:
Harvey Rose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2008 05:01:14 -0800
Re: 250G drive only showing 137G

I ran Disk Management on the drive which showed 127.99 GB NTSF 104.89 GB
Unallocated. Does it mean when the computer boots been set to auto
detect that may not be in LBA mode. Can I change it to set the BIOS to
change it from auto detect to exact settings of the drive as I
understand the computer will then boot faster. Also if using a program
like partition magic can I allocated the rest of the drive for use
without losing what I have on the drive now? The motherboard is a
GA-M57SLI-S4 which I assume the BIOS (AWARD) is 48Bit capable and it was
sold to me with Window XP with Service Pack 2. I think purchasing
Partition Magic would safe time rather the reinstalling the programs if
it works for this.

Harvey Rose

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml