From:
GiveMe AlluGot <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2008 02:03:37 -0500
Hi Joyce
I have similar situation here in rural NY - no wire-line highspeed internet access.
Recently I had installed WildBlue satellite service. I found a few things that I'm not too happy with.
One being the bandwidth limitation with their base package of 7.5 Gigs per month. It may sound like a lot but, if you do any amount of downloading, it will burn up pretty quickly.
Another being any type of overcast, rain, snow or other atmospheric condition will  cause you to loose the service.
And the cost I think is rather high at $50 per month for basic service plus $300 for installation of antenna and modem.
My service contract will be up in Aug and I will decide then whether to renew or not.
Hope this is of help to you.

Frank :^)
> Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 16:19:11 -0500> From: [log in to unmask]> Subject: [PCBUILD] High speed internet via satellite> To: [log in to unmask]> > I am looking forward to replies to Paul's question, and asking one of my > own in relation to it: What is the best satellite uplink? (The phone > company promised that *maybe* some time in the next ten to 15 years we > will get broadband out here but I'm not inclined to wait that long. I > had to go to the library last week to look at a certain video on YouTube > after trying to view it here at home -- ten minutes after I started, > only 33 seconds of that clip had downloaded!) I have heard some > positives and some negatives about Hughes Net, but haven't heard much at > all about Wild Blue or any others.> > TIA!> > Joyce in SE Ohio> > > PCBUILD maintains hundreds of useful files for download> visit our download web page at:> http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml>
                    Digest mode - visit our web site: