From:
"Dr. Dean Kukral" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 23:59:59 -0500
From: "Harold Clay" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2000 4:26 PM
Subject: [PCBUILD] Hard Drive

> Using Windows98SE on a 500Mzh.  On Boot up I get the message stating "Boot
Error".  When I use the Win98 Startup disk, it tells me that Win98 does not
detect a valid Fat or Fat32 partition, and to use Fdisk.  This doesn't work
because it doesn't recongnize the "C" drive.  Any help would be appreciated.
>          H. Clay

Can you tell if the disk is spinning?  If not, perhaps the cable has worked
loose (unlikely) or you may have a power
supply problem.

If the disk is spinning, then check to see if the drive cable is attached.
It may have worked itself loose.

Otherwise, you have to try to determine if it is the motherboard or the
drive.  Try a known good drive and/or
try the drive in another computer.  Do you have a D: drive? does it work?

Dean Kukral  [log in to unmask]

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org