From:
"Darren K. Page" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 23:50:18 -0500
Try looking at some Intergraph Workstations. They were very well received by
users that I dealt with in the video production community.

The main page:
http://www.intergraph.com/

The workstation page:
http://www.intergraph.com/ics/workstations.asp

The Zx10 ViZual Workstation™
http://www.intergraph.com/ics/z/zx10ts.asp
This one would be pretty much a turnkey solution for your client, other than
adding a backup unit. Do yourself a favor and read the specs on this. If it
was for me, and I had the money, I would be using one of these boxes right
now.

I have used these machines, and they are very reliable, and support is good.

Darren K. Page
Montreal, Qc
mailto:[log in to unmask]

It's been a while since we have discussed everyone's opinions on the "best"
components for a home-built system, so, listers willing, I would like to
start one.

I have a "power user" friend who has asked me for my opinions on what
components he should use for a PC that he wants to build (1st time).
Figuring that many opinions are better than one, I am soliciting opinions
from my fellow PCBuild subscribers on what he should consider.

Here is a rundown of his "requirements":
                ·     Budget - $4000
·     Speed, speed, speed
                    (snip)

                            The NOSPIN Group