From:
Andrea & Bill Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 09:57:59 -0500
Hi all;

    I installed an AOpen DUW1608 DVD Dual Layer Burner on a Celeron 466 Mhz,
256 MB system with minimal difficulties. The only issue was that I had to
slow the burning speed down manually because the software (Nero 6)
continually attempted to write faster than was best, as evidenced by the
coasters I created until I did so.

    I have installed four of these drives in systems ranging from the
above-mentioned 466 Mhz up to an AMD +2600 with no problems, other than
slowing the burning speed on all systems other than the +2600.

    However, there have been a number of problems reported on various
discussion sites that I found after having purchased these drives. I don't
know how relevant these complaints are in relation to other drives, but
there does seem to be a number of them.

Bill