Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2007 20:52:46 +0200
On 13 Mar 2007 at 7:46, David Gillett <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>   What OS are you running?

Windows XP professional with sp2, installed from genuine CD, and fully
updated from Microsoft Update.

>   A dual-core CPU, or an older dual-CPU system, can be executing two
> instructions at the very same moment.  Those instructions shouldn't ever be
> part of the same process, *unless* that program has been designed to do that
> safely -- and in some Windows versions these simple little tools are not.

Is there anything common to calc.exe, notepad.exe, regedit.exe,
taskmgr.exe, and the shockwave player, that can cause this? I'm using the
computer quite a lot, and up to now, no other program caused these
freezes.

I tried with various versions of drivers. I tried with and without the
Dual core optimizer. I tried with and without the AMD drivers. I tried
with and without the KB896256 patch. None of them helped.

Uzi

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com