From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jan 2004 08:44:38 -0600
What if you have a faulty device in your house with a short (fault) to
ground?  It is **possible** for the ground wire to be hot, isn't it?  I know
it is not likely, and even if you got shocked, it would not likely be
serious, but for the average guy who works on his computer only now and
then, I think that a wrist strap connected to the case is the better choice.
The problem is ESD.  On a case with many sharp corners and edges,
electrostatic charge is quickly dissipated.

Are there any electricians out there who can tell us if I am being anal
about this?

Dean Kukral