From:
Venkat Viswanathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jul 2005 02:02:06 -0500
Vincent Romito writes on july 1st " I just recently re-installed Windows Xp on my computer, when i restart i get the
message, " a disk error recently occurred, press ctr-alt-delete to restart"

The computer cannont restart at this point.  I tried re-installing WIndows
again, but when i shut it down and then restart, i get the same message.

Could i have a Hard Disk problem or is some file missing on my re-installing
windows.

The computer is an IBM thinkpad."

(1)Are you able to access your BIOS? This is normally done by pressing f8 or delete key just prior to the appearence of the windows logo.( Note: the exact key will depend on your mobo/bios)

(2)if so is your hdd being detected by win xp?

if your bios does not detect the hdd (from your post this appears highly unlikely since you have only re-installed the os and not opened the case) then there are a host of possibilities (loose connection, improper jumper setting,problem with your hdd itself)

if you can post some further info then some solutions will emerge from members of the list. HTH----- Venkat Viswanathan

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml