From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Aug 2005 15:28:48 -0700
Mea Culpa!!! I remembered that the drive letter in XP is stored NOT on the
disk, but in the REGISTRY. Microsoft has a knowledge base article #223188
that explains the procedure for changing the letter of the boot drive. It is
not possible to use disk manager to change the boot drive letter because
that drive is in use by Windows.

In any case, I got that problem resolved. I posted this information because
this question was asked by others in the past.

Unfortunately, a backup and restore of a boot drive is not always a clean
procedure. I still have a number of bugs to work out, but at least it boots
properly and I write this while booted from the new drive.

Peter

From: "Peter Shkabara"
> I wanted to change the boot drive on my system. I backed up the C:
> drive and restored it onto another drive. This was done while booted
> from a "spare" installation of XP so that the Windows directory could
> be copied completely. I then removed the original C: drive and tired

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml