From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 1999 21:04:18 -0800
The required voltage settings for a K62 400  are stamped on top the chip.
2.2Volt core and 3.3 V I/O.
On a dual voltage board the only one you have to concern yourself with  is
the 2.2 volt.

The default Buss speed for  K62 400 is a 100 Mhz External Buss Frequency
at   CPU to Bus Frequency Ratio 4 X 100 . However you can also achieve 400
at a 66 Mhz Buss at 66 X 6.

I am not familiar with this particular board but look in your manual and
see if you can set the voltage to 2.2  volt core. If it supports this then
see if the board will run at a 100 Mhz  Clock...if so change your Clock
jumpers to 100....if not set them for  66 Mhz.

Then set the CPU to Bus Frequency Ratio jumpers...at 100 it would be 4...at
66 it would be 6.
  Check your manual and see if your board will support a 4 or 6 CPU to Bus
Frequency Ratio.

You may have to update to the newest BIOS in order to support this chip and
the ASUS web site may have amendments to your manual with the new jumper
settings for a 6 CPU to Bus Frequency Ratio.
You should be able to find all the information and updates necessary to set
up your board in your manual and on the ASUS web site.

>Can anyone tell me how to set the jumpers to run an AMD K6-2 400 on an asus
>tx-97e? Also, what bios version would I need? There is a lot of information
>out there on websites, but not much of it is consistent.
>
>TIA...

                            The NOSPIN Group
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org