From:
Russ Poffenberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2007 16:26:25 -0800
Levi,

If the motherboard slot is 4X compatible, then it should handle cards that
advertise any combination that mentions 4X. So both the cards you mention
should work. Going with the 4X/8X card may be beneficial because if you
upgrade your mobo in the future with on that supports 8X, you can use the
card and take advantage of the faster speed (although some may argue that 8X
is not that much faster than 4X, and within a couple years, virtually all
mobo's and graphics cards may well be PCIe (PCI express) instead of AGP.)

The description you gave for the notches sounds OK, where you would have a
problem is if there were tabs in your mobo slot that don't match notches in
the card, this would prevent the card fromn going in. It is normal for the
card to have notches in positions where no tabs exist in the mobo slot if it
can accept the card.

Russ Poffenberger