From:
"Vanessa H." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 May 2009 08:32:16 -0400
Hello all,

                I need a little help. I have built 5 PC's in the last 8
years and do minor repairs for friends, so I'm not a complete novice.  But
recently my son's PC would not turn on.  I decided it must either be the
power supply or the motherboard.  The first thing I replaced was the power
supply because it was the least expensive.  Well, that did nothing.  With
the new power supply in place, the PC was still completely dead.  I then
purchased a new motherboard, processor and ram.  After getting everything in
place, the PC turns on only briefly.  I mean it literally only runs for
about 5 seconds.  All the fans come on and it looks like it's about to start
up, but it turns off.  I tried unplugging all the wiring and starting from
scratch, but I still only get about 5 seconds before it all goes dead.  It
seems as though something is shorting out, but I don't know what?  Please
help!

Kind regards,

Vanessa H

No virus found in this outgoing message
Checked by PC Tools AntiVirus (6.0.0.19 - 10.004.025).
http://www.pctools.com/free-antivirus/

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads