From:
Anthony Garvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 18:45:56 -0500
Edna,
Read about the subtle differences between EPP, ECP and SPP here:
http://www.beyondlogic.org/spp/parallel.htm#1

You can purchase parallel port cards for ~$15-40.  You may want to purchase
a newer PCI card rather than an ISA.  Here are a few examples from the WWW:
ISA parallel port cards:
http://www.jdr.com/interact/item.asp?itemno=gr-mct-1p
PCI parallel port cards:
http://www.jdr.com/interact/item.asp?itemno=gr-mct-psp
HTH, Anthony

> My printer port seems to have gone out on my BH6 abit board.  I use an HP
> 1000C printer on LTP1.   Everything is set up properly, it just suddenly
> quit working on this system - works fine on another system with same
cable.
> I even tried a backup hd that was a clone version of current drive without
> effect.  Bios OK.  Device MGr OK.  Printer setup OK.  Just no data going
> printer.  I can disable the ltp1 port in bios and buy an ISA parallel port
> card.  I notice they are advertised as ECP, ECC, SPP, etc., wondering what
> the difference is and which type I should use.  Any help appreciated.
TIA,
> EDna Sloan

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml