From:
Hal Trachtenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2001 17:11:38 -0400
> I wonder if there is another chance to get rid of that password entirely -
> I know, you can take out the battery to get rid of that password. But then
> it is said BIOS settings go back to default settings - does that mean
> anything in case we never changed anything manually in the BIOS?Will it
> work sort of on its own again afterwards or will we have to tell any
> unknown strange settings to make the computer work again afterwards?
>
> TIA
> Heidi Schröder

Heidi
I had a similar problem where I had entered a bios password and then forgot
about it, but when it came time to go into my bios I had  forgotten what the
password was. I was turned on to this program called KillCmos, which I
downloaded from the FreePCTech downloads site and it got rid of the
password. The actual link to the web page is
http://freepctech.com/pc/002/files001.shtml

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml