From:
garytennesen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2006 17:39:45 -0700
Regarding:
.......... just got the card software drivers  for my laptop-what else do I
need to have?

you will need an access point.  They can be found at many hotels,
restaurants and coffee shops.  McDonald's hamburger joints will let you
connect to most of theirs for 2.95 for 2 hours.  Burger King is free.

If your curiosity is killing you, cruise in your car through a neighborhood
and see if you can pick one up while you park at a curb.  There are pitfalls
to hooking up to unsecured networks, but if you aren't sharing any resources
and you're in a pinch, they can come in handy.

You could always get a wireless router/hub (40 to 150 dollars) and a
broadband solution at your house; then you could WiFi in your own home.

--gary r. tennesen

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml