Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 2004 08:22:18 -0500
Hello Lewis,

In Internet Explorer (IE), go to View / Toolbars and select "Address Bar". A
shortcut for using the Address bar: hold "Alt" and press "D" to select the
Address bar, type in an abbreviated URL such as "yahoo.com" (IE will
automatically add the http:// and www) and press "Enter".

To add the Address bar to the Taskbar, right click a blank area of the
Taskbar. In the resulting menu you should see a Toolbar entry. Place your
mouse on it and a side menu will appear with the various Toolbar options.
Left click on the Toolbars you want to appear in the Taskbar (a check by the
entry indicates it's already selected).

An alternative is to go to Start / Run, type in the URL (an abbreviated URL
doesn't work here) and press "Enter". I use this method as it allows more
room on the Taskbar for other things. You can also use the Internet Explorer
(IE) icon on the Desktop or in the Quick Launch bar to access the Internet
(your home page), then use the Address bar to go elsewhere.

Sven Swanson, Sr.