From:
Kay Huff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 2006 12:18:53 -0500
I have an unusual problem.  My laptop has just stopped reading the CD
Drive and at the same time refuses to shut down in the normal way.  I
have to hold the power button.

I called tech support who walked me through some things, one of which
was to see if the computer would boot from a system disk.

It DID boot, so I was told it IS reading the disk, but don't know what
it isn't reading disks.

The only solution for both of the above problems was to reformat and
reinstall the OS.

I REALLY do NOT want to do this if I can avoid it.

Is this my only option?  Asking you all first, because tech support
always seems so eager to reformat to solve problems.

Tia,k

Kay Huff
USA/IL
mailto:  [log in to unmask]