From:
andre chiasson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Apr 2003 11:10:14 -0400
Thanks,

I found a company (www.arlabs.com) that has designed a machine, the "Bios
Backup and Repair Kit", that works this way: you plug their bios programming
machine into the parallele port of a working computer.  You install the
software that comes with it.  This software will read the bios file that you
can download for your motherboard. You then pull out the bios chip with a
small tool (available at radioshack) from the non working motherboard, you
install it in this machine and then the software will do what Aflash does:
it will erase the chip and reprogramme it.  Then, you just pull out the chip
and reinstall it in the motherboard.  This machine is said to be used when
the motherboard is really dead and you think the bios could be the problem.

Did anyone ever tried this?

Andre Chiasson