From:
Tom Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 2005 13:44:18 -0800
Although the power supply adequacy is a consideration, you indicate that
both optical drives, the hard drive and all other computer components are
now operating. Although the cause of the problem would be nice to know, the
current problem seems to be strictly with the manner of operation of the "E"
drive. And since it works in some ways, the hardware is probably OK and the
problem rests with software.

If you have Tweak UI (free from Microsoft) on your computer, open it and
check "my computer/drives" to make sure the OS is set to see the "E" drive.
Check to see if the BIOS sees the "E" drive. Check to see if, from the MSDOS
prompt, you can access "E" drive. Check that "device manager" sees and does
not indicate any problems with the "E" drive. These actions may lead to a
correction or at least better define the problem.

Hope this helps solve your problem.

Tom Mayer