From:
M W Johnston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jun 1998 05:47:02 PDT
Cyrix 166+, 32Mb EDO, Win95B.

Here's the problem:

When I cold boot the computer, I get the message:  Windows protection
error.  You must restart the computer.  After I restart, I get the menu
instructing me to use Safe Mode, which I do.  After the Safe Mode is
completely loaded,  I warm boot. Everything loads and works perfectly
after the warm boot.

Here's what I have tried:

I have reinstalled the OS several times, run regclean, run scandisk, and
defragged. I've tried setting video to VGA and disabled modem and sound
in Device Manager. I've set BIOS to factory defaults. Every cold boot
gives the same message. Any ideas about what's going on? Where should I
be looking for answers -- software or hardware?

Thanks for any and all ideas.
Martha Johnston