From:
Frank Suszka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jan 2004 21:22:16 -0800
Becky Buehrer wrote:

>How do I get the contents of my hard drive from the old to the new?

There are several ways to do this and it depends on how you want to tackle
the monstor. You could attatch the old drive as a slave and drag what you
need to the new hard drive, perform a backup using the Microsoft Utility,
put it on disk and do a restore in the new machine, or buy a utility that
will do this for you such as Drive Copy.
http://www.barrett.net/transferdatatoxp.html

This site is kind of a primer for transfering information. You may find it
helpful.

After you transfer all of the information you need, format the drive and
re-install the original software and you Daughter is off and running with
her own computer.

>how much difference is there in a pentium and a celeron processor?

Quite a bit actually according to the good folks at "How stuff works".
http://www.howstuffworks.com/question268.htm

Performance and speed are the key elements.

Sincerely,

Frank Suszka
netTek Computers