From:
Tom Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Nov 2005 09:28:51 -0800
Dorothy

Based on your description, John has suggested the most obvious, though not
the only, causes of your problem. Power supplies can stop working at any
time. But, let's back up a little and look at the following.

As John suggested, are you sure you are getting AC power to your computer?
Check for power at the wall outlet with another AC device such as a light.
Check your surge suppresser to make sure it has not tripped and that AC
power is going through it and to the computer. Check the power switch on the
PS (not the case) to make sure it is on.

When you turn on the case power switch, what does happen? Are any lights lit
on the case and/or on the keyboard? Is the PS fan and any other case fans
running? Can you hear the HD(s) spinning? Are there any "beeps" from the
speaker? What is the beep pattern (number of long and short beeps)? Is the
fan(s) free of excessive dust? If the case is equipped with a air filter, is
it free of excessive dust?

Let us know what you find as the next diagnostic steps are inside the case.
Also, let us know your computer particulars such as make, model, CPU, RAM
and Operating System.

I hope this helps.

Tom Mayer

From: "John Kemp" <[log in to unmask]>

> Dorothy:
>
> A number of possibilities exist at this point. First, make sure that the
> wall outlet is providing the proper AC voltage. Next, eliminate the power
> supply unit (psu) as a possible cause - borrow a known good psu with
enough
> watts to run your system. Hook it up and see what h

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com