From:
"Kurr, Martin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 09:13:25 -0500
Before dropping $ to replace the mobo, try:
1) With power cord unplugged, disconnect then reconnect power and reset
switch jumper connects.  Then try to power up
2) Reset CMOS with jumper (see mobo manual)
3) Test mobo battery for current and voltage (see mobo manual for specs)
4) Is the fuse on the power supply blown?  Fuse on power strip or surge
protector?
5) Is CPU seated properly?
6) Try swapping RAM, is RAM seated properly?
Martin Kurr
email [log in to unmask]
> From:         Jim Meagher[SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
> Subject:      Re: [PCBUILD] Flat-dead PC
> It sounds like you have been very methodical and tried
> everything inside the case, but have you look outside the box?
> Is there power at the wall socket?
> Have you tried a different power cord?
> Jim Meagher
> > I have a PC that not only will not boot, but does absolutely nothing
> when
> > power is applied.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html