From:
"John D. Penberthy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Aug 1998 20:20:28 -0400
I have had problems with memory not seating properly in some motherboards.
(This will cause a bad post.)  Try other memory chips, (if you can get
them), and make sure they are firmly seated.  The offending chips I came
across were "skinny" and not making contact in the slots of a new
motherboard.  Swithched memory and voila, the problem solved.