From:
Art Cassel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Apr 2000 23:23:34 -0700
Earl Truss wrote;

> I'd suggest contacting the Best Buy Rebate center from their Web site or
> writing to Corporate Headquarters in Eden Prairie, Minnesota.  The line
> you are getting from Pacific Digital is the same one I got from NewCom
> about a modem rebate that took nine months to get.  I contacted Best Buy
> and their story was completely different.  They were able to help me get
> my rebate in the end though.

Good advise!  I've already done this, but as yet received no reply (in
fairness, the time factor is very short at this point).  My main point
was to warn others as I've seen Pacific Digital CD burners heavily
discounted and with rebates.  Do any of our list members want to buy
merchandise from a company with such a poor business ethic?  What kind
of support will they offer?

For what it's worth, most companies are quite good about rebates
delivering them within 8-10 weeks.  I've had excellent experiences with
Micro$oft (give the devil his due), Maxtor, Intuit, Symantec, and
Canon.  The worst have been BestData (a nine month war), and now Pacific
Digital.

Art Cassel