Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 23:24:21 +1100
So, I guess you already tried everything eg run with least components,
different known good PS ...
If you also tried the ASUS mobo in other case, and get the mobo works fine
with the same PS, I'd say you should dig a bit deeper.  There is something
wrong with the case, you may look hard to find it.  Based on my experience,
I suggest you try:
1) check all those switch wires from case, you can unplug them all, and try
to turn on the PC by short the two pins (short once only, don't link them)
that marked as power.
2) if all wires turned ok, then make sure you did ground the mobo properly,
most mobos will work (however, it's not the proper way) without ground (to
case), but I did see mobo that won't power on without  ground.
3) if it still doesn't work, make sure there's nothing to short the mobo,
usually at back, check all metal objects (include edge of the case frame),
sometimes, small metal object can be hard to find (sometimes, they are too
small that makes you think they will never cause problems)

4) and last, Static electricity isn't impossible, I still remember one of my
mate had an old PC as workstation (for a while), that every time something
metal touched the case, the PC reboot itself

Jun Qian