From:
Russ Poffenberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2008 10:36:54 -0700
Hi Craig,

This may be completely off base, since I thought it was fixed in newer
versions of .net framework, and was only a problem on W2K. But where I work,
we had a large deployment of systems with Visual Studio and .NET installed.

We would see lots of pauses, hangs, delays, etc during normal operation. It
turned out to be an obscure bug in .NET that we solved by creating a phantom
local user account on each PC. The username of the account had to be
"aspnet". It could be disabled (meaning logins were disabled), but it solved
the problem. I think the related KB article is 810155

Russ Poffenberger

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                        Mark Rode<[log in to unmask]>