From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2007 11:56:02 -0800
I need to make a correction my previously appended statement.

  If you wish to isolate the LAN  from the WAP then you will need
three routers setup like this.

WAN  plugged into the modem through the WAN port
192.168.3.x
255.255.255.0

LAN plugged into the WAN from the WAN port
192.168.1.x
255.255.255.0

WAP plugged into the WAN from the WAN port
192.168.2.x
255.255.255.0

Two will not do it because when you plug into the WAN you will be
behind it's firewall. But two routers plugged into the WAN, will each
have their own firewalls that will isolate them from each other.

Rode
The NOSPIN Group
http://www.freepctech.com/rode/

>If you want to isolate your wireless router from your LAN, then
>assign the new router a separate IP address and plug the new router
>into a LAN port of the Internet router, but to the WAN port of the
>new router. Then you will have Internet access to the new router but
>the  new router's firewall will keep things separated.
>
>Before you try this, make sure you are using the latest BIOS
>available for your particular router.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com