From:
Larry Fisk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 May 2001 21:38:07 -0600
Susan;
use a startup disk made from a machine running windows 98.
or go to www.bootdisk.com and download one. (that is if you have internet
access)
It will have cdrom support that will work on 99% of cdroms.
I have found a few older cdroms that won't work with these generic drivers,
in that case you may need the manufactures drivers.
Mitsumi Dos cdrom drivers will work with most brands of cdroms for example.
When you get the cdrom working in dos, copy the cab files onto
the C: drive in a folder named Win95, then install from there.
Your machines are prob. too old to boot from a cdrom.