From:
Elizabeth Boston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jul 1998 18:24:50 -0400
Dear list members,
        I have been trying to figure this out all day... I'm
running Windows95b, Outlook 98. I did have this setup
running fine with the 45 day trial version of Winfax, until
it expired.
        I re-installed Outlook98 with the Symantec WinFax Starter
Edition enabled, since registering that would allow me to
purchase Winfax pro for half price. I could still receive
faxes at that point.
        Now that I have installed Winfax Pro, I can send faxes OK,
I can connect to the Internet, send and receive e-mail with
no problem, but every time I try to receive a fax, the modem
hangs up about 30 seconds into the call.
        It works the same with both phone lines, but I can receive
faxes on another computer from either phone line, so I am
sure that is not the problem.
        It is not the fax program itself, I have two programs
installed (Winfax, and FaxPhone) and it does the same thing
with each program. In fact, Winfax does not initiate the
hang-up, it continues to try to receive the fax even after
the connection is broken.
        I have re-installed the modem drivers, and Winfax several
times also without success.
        Any ideas anyone??

     Elizabeth Boston