From:
Bill Nussbaumer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 17:55:42 -0500
Your monitor should have nothing to do with the time setting in Windows95.
It sounds like you are in the right spot though.  Next to the Time Zone Tab
that you refer to is another tab called Date & Time.  Go in there and
highlight hour - minute - second and use the arrows to change the time.
Now click apply ... that should do it.

I was curious so I tried it and power cycled my machine.  The time stayed
where I set it.  The only way I could figure that it could remember the
time is that this function must communicate with and change the time in the
CMOS setup.  The only other way I could figure is if you have an attached
video camera so the computer can see the clock on the wall.  ;-)

If you find your computer consistently has problems keeping the correct
time it may be time to change the CMOS battery.  PLEASE write down your
CMOS settings before doing this or take to a shop if you don't feel
comfortable doing it yourself.

Bill Nussbaumer

At 09:53 PM 11/17/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi,
>I have a packard bell monitor, and I tried to set the time back, but
>unsuccessful
>First I double click on the time icon at the lower right of the
monitor,then I
>click on time zone, where I have check on ( Automatically adjust clock for
day
>light saving changes)
>Can any one advice me on what steps to take to change the time.
>Thank you in advance.
>
>Leonard.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html