From:
"Joel M. Blackman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 May 2001 20:04:24 -0700
I installed a new mobo in a Win 98 system.  I did not change anything else,
but as windows loads it is finding all this new hardware (which is just all
the stuff that was already installed). What it does then if you shut it down
you get safe mode.  Do I have to uninstall all the hardware and start over?
In safe mode it shows two or three of everything.  What I have done is just
roll it back to the last time it ran using Goback, then it reloads
everything again (I skip as much as possible), and as long as I don't
restart it runs fine.  Why is it finding all new hardware when it was
previously running on an old mobo?  Joel