From:
Michael Sarian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 19:10:54 -1000
Freda,

  First off, go to www.bootdisk.com and download a Win98 bootdisk
executable. Create a bootdisk with this file and start it up into your PC.
Use the FDISK command and partition new logical drives, to your choosing and
now you should be able to format the drives individually.  You can now go on
from here with the installation.

Regards,
Michael Sarian

>From: Freda Wikoff <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: [PCBUILD] Can't format hard drive.
>Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 22:48:34 -0500
>
>I am trying to get my daughters computer up and running for her.  It's an
>AMD Athlon 1.15ghz processor, and I just had a new motherboard installed
>along with 512 mb of RAM.  She was having freeze ups and random rebooting
>problems.  I took the computer to a tech and had the install checked out
>because it was still random rebooting.  Seems some "thermal grease" was not
>applied and the processor was overheating.  Now comes the problem...they
>installed my Windows XP with a boot disk for NT.  Now I can't uninstall XP,
>which is not needed on this machine because it will only be used for games
>by my young grandkids.  I have down loaded boot disks for both Win 95 and
>Win NT.  Can't get NT boot to work because files were to large for floppy
>and I can't get the system to boot up to CD.  I can boot up with Win 95,
>but the system won't recognize my hard drive.  All I want to do is format
>"C" drive so I can load Win 95 or Win NT.  What am I doing wrong?  When I
>give the command at A: prompt to format c:, it tells me "invalid drive".  I
>am only a novice at this, so any help given would be appreciated and keep
>the lingo so I can understand...please!!

Find high-speed ‘net deals — comparison-shop your local providers here.
https://broadband.msn.com

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml