From:
Richard Hallett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jun 2003 08:38:18 -0400
I have a Samsung SD616 DVD reader.  I put in a DVD disk but it sits there
and blinks then asks for a disk . I have not used it as a DVD reader for
months but I regularly use it as the cd reader in the master position.

One time it recognized that there was a DVD in it but said it did not have
the right something or other to open it.  Since then it won't recognize the
disk.  Of course the disk is an instructional video that I need.

Now since the computer won't even recognize my putting the disk in  do I
have a hardware or software problem?

Further thinking it might be recognized with a more modern operating system
I put XP back on my machine in place of ME that I had been using but this
did not help either.

I checked the Samsung site to see if there was a special DVD driver but none
was offered only a driver for it as a cd reader.

So do I have a software or a hardware problem.

Thankyou

Rick

Richard Hallett Pittsfield ME USA