From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 2003 10:58:40 -0400
I'm not sure you can print from dos to an Epson C82, but if you can, you
have to capture the printer port and redirect it to the print driver for the
Epson.

Go into Control Panel, Printers, right-click on Epson c82, properties, go to
the Detail tab, and click Capture Printer port.  In the dos program you
probably 'configured' a printer, and told it which port it was attached.
This is NOT the hardware port, its the windows pseudo port. You could have
used LPT1 and LPT3, since where the epson is connected makes no difference
to the dos program when its running under windows. In the Capture dialogue,
choose this port, which from your message I assume is LPT2, and in the drop
down, pick the printer driver you want to actually print when a request for
this port is detected.  Now, if the epson will except these requests, it
will now print for the dos program without the conflict.  If it won't, point
the capture for LPT2 to a different printer, since you say you have several.
I can print from a couple old dos applications to my networked lasers, using
LPT1, LPT2 and LPT3 as captured ports.
Tom Turak