From:
E B Lund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 00:23:47 -0600
This topic has come up in the past.  If you do a search of the PCBUILD
archives and do a search for "Dallas" in the text field (not in subject
line), you will get a number of hits under subject lines including clock,
time, battery, etc..  If you discard the posts from people from Texas, you
will get info on replacing the Dallas batteries.  Apparently, they run
$15-$20 and are either soldered or socketed, but they do seem to be
replaceable.

Good luck.

Eb Lund