From:
Adam Favre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Sep 2004 12:00:25 -0500
I have a home built rig that is still having spontaneous reboot issues.  I have replaced the Enlight Power supply with a an Antec True 480 psu, I have replaced upgraded (or changed) memory from Mushkin Green PC 3200 memory to OCZ Enhanced Latency PC 3200 memory.  I have checked operating temps.  The CPU run well within spec from AMD (highest temp 49celsius, 120 F under load) and case temp hovers around the 90F (32C).  I have upgraded to the latest bios for my board and have also upgraded to the latest NVIDIA NFORCE2 drivers.  I cannot recall exactly when the spontaneous reboot issue started (no particular upgrade or hardware install sticks out).  Here is what I have hardware wise, I hope you can help.

AMD ATHLON XP 3200+
ABIT AN7 Mobo
1 Lite On DVD RW+- 8x  Drive (IDE)
1 SAMSUNG CD RW Drive (IDE)
1 Western Digital 160gb Caviar Hard Drive w/ 89mb cache (7200 RPM)
2 OCZ Enhanced Latency 512k DDR PC 3200 ram modules running in dual channel
1 ATI Radeon 9800 pro Video Card
1 Antec Tru 480w power supply
1 Teac 3.5 Floppy Drive

2 80 mm Case Fans (1 intake, 1 exhaust)
1 Thermaltake Heatsink/Fan

Thank you for any further direction you can give

           The NOSPIN Group is now accepting donations to help
          defer the costs of providing PCBUILD and our website.
           Visit http://freepctech.com to donate using PAYPAL