From:
Kevin Neal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2001 19:48:56 +1200
> Please give me your comments pros and con on the using the SOYO
> SV-K7VTA-B  with an AMD ATHLON processor 950 MHz and above as the start
> for a new system

G'day Jim,

IMHO, not a bad choice as you are obviously building to a budget. (aren't
we all ?)

However, why not spend a few bucks to save a few more bucks ?  Why use
Athlon when Thunderbird is go, and its baby brother Duron is already up and
running
(and P4 can't get out of the nursery)

May I suggest that you look instead at a mobo with the VIA KT133A chipset ;
which will allow future CPU changes, ie: use a cheap Duron at first, then
later upgrade to Thunderbird.
Spend the difference on a premium mobo.

Kevin,
New Zealand.