From:
Kevin Neal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 15:09:55 +1200
Sorry folks, I've lost the original thread, my apologies if I'm on the wrong
track.

I've been re-filling my Canon BJC-255SP black cartridge for so long now that it
sounds like a musical instrument when I shake it, due to all the little
ball-bearings which have been pushed inside and replaced.
I simply buy 'Calidad' refill kits and follow the instructions, - although it
can be quite messy no matter how careful I am; - lots of old newspaper and
tissues are a must.
Recently decided to refill the 3 colour cartridge using the equivalent kit, -
and it worked beautifully.
The colour on plain paper seems to be even better than the original, although I
don't doubt that a lot of the success is due to the fact that I changed to a
better quality paper also. (Which is undoubtedly the problem with the paper
curling, some-one else had a problem with recently)
The Canon cartridges have a built in printer head so no doubt they won't last
forever, but in the meantime I've saved about 70% on my printing costs.(Less the
difference for better paper.)
Now I understand why there are so many little businesses offering to do refills
- the original profit must be huge !

Kevin,
New Zealand.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: