From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 23:33:59 -0700
>        Mad whatever disease is a crock. If people buy this one then
>pharmaceutical companies can produce "vaccines" for wild animals and have a
>new entry into needlessly drugging for the sake of ever increasing their
>profits.

A good example of what people will buy is this: Tonight in a discussion
group, a  well-off and well-educated woman friend said that I run a good
risk of contracting mad cow disease according to the FDA, who have said
that the bacteria responsible have been found in some herbal remedies,
which might be among the TCM formulas I use. Now, I can't imagine what the
FDA is thinking here, or how it might have gotten twisted. Let's see: the
infected cow would have to spread the toxin via waste, and specific herbs
would have to be among the grass it falls upon, and then be harvested and
processed and included in traditional formulas I don't imagine have ever
been made in England... Oh, well.

Gee, I wonder why the FDA would want to discourage me from using herbal
remedies...

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!