From:
Ben Balzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 09:18:05 +1000
Kathleen,
I don't think it's heresy. I think there are many paleolithic diets. There
is no one average paleolithic diet just as there is no one average American
Australian or Mexican diet. I've lost 20 pounds in 14 weeks on a plaeodiet
that is low in fat. I felt unwell a first and increased my carbohydrate
intake with bananas and felt better immediately. I've also made a point of
increasing root vegetable intake which all studied hunter-gatherer societies
seem to get into. The  weight falls off, but my muscle bulk is increasing
with a 1000 metre swim each 2 weeks (all I can fit in). Anyhow, to be really
paleo your meat needs to be organic grass fed (4% fat) not grain-fed (20%
fat) so eating fat ain't really paleo in those amounts, in my humble opinion
( and a true paelo diet is therefore low in fat). I find it easier to eat
fish which isn't force fed obviously- maybe this is why all my aches and
pains disappeared in the first 2 weeks.

Ben Balzer

I've been on a Paleodiet for