From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 10:58:09 -0700
thank you for this article it give me some more clues.

>http://www.panix.com/~paleodiet/losspts.txt has many answers to these
>questions. If you follow that advice you'll know more than 99% of
>osteoporosis patients (and many physicians!).
>
>Calcium loss is often a slow process, and Calcium regain is hard to achieve
>and always slow- normally physicians count it as a success if they can
>simply stop further calcium loss. If you actually gain bone density
(usually
>takes 12-18 months to see a change), you're in the lucky few. Actual gain
in
>bone density is the holy grail of osteoporosis therapy- not yet achieved
>despite the claims of some drug companies.

i am getting confirmed to not go with recomendation of doctors to get
medication  for now , if it is just for at best maintening the present bone
density. I prefer to adress the causes of bone loss and check again the
result.

>Cortisone REPLACEMENT therapy for Addison's disease shouldn't necessarily
>cause osteoporosis if you're not over-replaced (ie only receiving
>physiological doses like 25mg hydrocortisone/day)(equivalent to wht normal
people's adrenal glands make.

my endo ask me to take 30 mg (65  to 70 pounds wheight) for over one year
instead of 20 previously     . I came back to 20 on my own by changing the
schedule of intake ( 10 +5+5  instead of 20 +10) it works way better. i had
other episodes in my life of taking 30 but mostly i have been on 20.

 Over-replacement of thyroid hormone erodes
>bone density- so perfect balance (euthyroid) is best. Follow your doctors's
>recommendations on these critical hormones.

my endo suspected ( before the bone test ) over suplementation of thyroid
hormone and ask me to reduce (to reduce to 125 from 150mg ) one year ago
too, and was suggesting that i might have been missdiagnose with
hypothyroidie in the first place

>By looking after your lifestyle so carefully, you have a very big
advantage.
>Be patient, repeat your bone mineral density test each 12-18 months.
>
>Ben Balzer

From  reading the article , i am wondering by having unactive thyroid glands
i am not producing calcitonin ,explaining why exercice is not changing the
picture. Does it  exist other possibility of getting calcitonin?
(supplementation, other glands production, food?)

I noted the correlation of high sugar intake ( every lunch meal have been
almost exclusively fruits for many years with no breakfast taken in the
morning ) dinner being protein rich foods with vegetables.
Magnesium is certainly some thing for me to research more.How to we get more
magnesium in the diet?
what about the oils aspect of vit D sythesis in the skin?
what part of eggs are interfering with calcium absobtion.?
what is celiac disease exactly ? can you have this condition without eating
grains?
jean-claude