From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 22:33:28 -0700
I think yams and sweet potatoes have to be cooked to be eaten, is that
right and would they then put them on a not to be eaten list?  Are there any
other roots and tubers that
Paleos consider edible, digestible, and safe?

Yams and sweet potatoes are eaten raw  in quantities by some raw foodists ,
i eat them , my son too but in a small amounts. They are very sweet when the
body is asking for them, A starchy taste corespond to an instinctive stop
(the body don't want them at that moment)
Jeruzalem artichoke ( sunroot) come to mind and is very sweet, containing
the carbonhydrate inuline that doesn't raise blood sugar (sugar good for
diabetic), chuffa is the tuber of a grass or sedge (i am not sure) and have
a nutty flavor

<I also have been experimenting with raw meat.  I got <some from the Whole
Foods Market and just love it.  <Does anyone feed their children raw meat?
My son <loves pemmican but I wonder at what age he may
<be allowed to partake in raw meat?  I am still wary <about eating raw meat,
but I have such a taste for it.

my son is eating raw meat from early on (few months).
before he had teeth is was able to suck out all the meat from a piece of dry
meat spitting out the membranes ( when it was a tough piece), fresh meat was
schewed by me before giving it to him.
If you give your son a plain piece of raw meat (without seasonning) you can
trust his attraction or uninterest in eating it. if he didn't like it he
might devore it an other day.
And about cheeze weaning , a ggood way is to eat aged raw meat , it taste
like the best  raw cheeze from France. It worked for me who was completly
addicted to them.
jean-claude