From:
caroline radway <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 13:31:54 +0100
I must say I agree with trying to avoid supplements.  I have never used them
but recently read loads of stuff which prompted me to go and spend about
£100 on pills and I spend the day rattling if I take them all.  The cost is
painful on top of an already expensive high nutrient laden paleo diet but
what really pisses me off, if you'll excuse the pun, is that my urine turns
a rather illuminous shade of yellow!  Which indicates that all this money is
quite literally going down the pan.  I do, however, find it hard to figure
out what I do actually need.  I am persuaded that carnitine is a bit of a
miracle product and have started taking this, and have also been taking
aminos.  What, if anything, do most people feel is the most necessary and
how do non-supplementers ensure they get a good balance?

Also, I am interested in the smoked fish issue - presumably it should be
fairly palaeo.  I had some kippers the other day and they were a bit much,
but then smoked salmon is great, and I'd like to eat more of it if it is a
good thing!

Cheers
Caroline

Oh yeah, I just wish to say that astanga yoga really is the way forward and
has changed my life!!  Seriously - a couple of months ago I was all set to
be an army officer and now I am going to work for Accenture (hopefully) and
I attribute this to the increased self awareness yoga gives you.  Also seems
to assist intuitive eating as you are in tune with your body.  The only
downer is that I feel that they will all be aghast when they realise how
much meat I eat given the Ornish-style vege lifestyle advocated!