From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Dec 1999 13:30:39 MST
Hi, Sol!

You wrote...

>Plus, on a 2000 calorie paleo diet of 30%
>carbs I need to be eating 600 calories a day of carb.
>That's more fruit and vegetable than my body can
>comfortably handle.

I'm sure you'll get a veritable info-rama on this, but here's my two cents.

I'm no mathmetician, but I'd bet at least a dollar I'm eating considerably
less than 2,000 calories a day.  When I began eating low-carb, it seemed as
if I could eat all I wanted and as long as I maintianed ketosis, the pounds
kept dropping.  But now, it takes more than low carb intake to maintain
ketosis; I also have to cut overal caloric intake.  But ketosis actually
lowers the appetite, so no problemo.  Both "Protien Power" and "The Zone"
give you the formulas necessary to figure out the amount of protien needed
to maintain your ideal body mass.  To lose weight, simply eat X amount of
protien plus 35-50 grams carb daily or buy the good ol' Ketostix and see how
high you can go.  If you have an insulin problem, you need to keep your
carbs quite low if you really want the pounds to drop.  Believe me, I know;
been there, done that.

Good luck, and keep us up to date!

Dori Zook
Denver, CO