From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 01:02:14 +0100
Michael Audette wrote on:
>>"The very oldest lentils have been found in the cave Franchthi
>>           (Peleponnes)
>>           in the old-stone-age layers (paleolithicum, 20000-7000 b.c).A
>>similar
>>           finding of gathered plants can be found in the same cave in
the

Michael:

>I do not see how the human gut, could evolve in that short a
>time. Looks
>like Lintels are not Paleo.

This cave is one example where even vegetable remainders of paleolithic
times have been found.
I'd not expect that humans would "adapt" to lentils in the 20k years.
Likewise I'd not expect an adaption of the human gut to the
way of nutrition with hunting predominating
paleolithic humans adopted in the last ice age from 30000 to 10000 b.c.

And those northern (europe) Cro Magnon humans which are considered as our
anchestors did only *contribute* to our gene pool.
They were mixed with new people comeing from wormer climates "invading"
europe in 4600bc, comeing from wormer climates.
They are among your anchestors too, unless you're genetic parents are
*real* cherokee (cherokee's asian steming  is a different story).

And it seems probable that these were the only times *our* anchestors
experienced such a way of nutrition , if you differ between
Cro magnon (as out anchestors) and neanderthals(died off relative).
Even if you included the neanderthals as anchestors,
this adds only 100k years to the 20k years, wherefrom about 50k years were
a *worm* time - the Eem. No mammouth.

So if you're considering a few 10000 years as to few for food adaption,
only african ("savanne") times contribute much time.
This was in an area with plenty of plant food and plenty of nuts.
(You can assume your own percentage of gnu/zebra carcass as food).

But lentils will have been available.
Lentils are found in  africa and will with probability
also have been gathered
by other paleo humans and humanoids in the millions of years befor in
africa. They just don't have bones, so we can't be sure.
At african bones we can see cut marks, which can be interpreted
as signs that meat (resp marrow) has been cut off for the purpose of
eatin it. From lentils we can only make assumptions.
What paleolithic humans did 20k years back,
they may have done with equal cultural developement
in the eons before.

regards
Amadeus S.
(according to D'Adamo as Type 0 sensible to lectins of *some* varieties
of lentils, but able to sprout them, ..but disliking lentil sprouts)

--
Sent through Global Message Exchange - http://www.gmx.net