From:
Fredrik Murman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 11:59:55 -0500
On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 17:52:18 +1000, Phosphor <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

 >high doses of single minerals can reduce intake of others. but vitamin c has
 >no such effect as far as I know.

That doesn't necessarily mean that taking vitamin C alone is safe, which
you surely agree upon, so playing around with it in it's pure form still
constitutes a risk, as long as we don't have a complete knowledge of the
human body. I'm not taking that risk, except in a hypothetical situation
where I have scurvy and there isn't vitamin C available in some natural
form. Similar goes for all other biochemical substances.

 >the problem with your anaology is that it is simply that, an anology.

I agree. The human body is far more co
mplicated than an internal compustion
engine. It is this fact together with the fact that we don't know it inside
out, that makes me careful.

Setting aside all rational thinking and being emotional: I thought our
models regarding food are hunter-gatherers, in the past and in the present.
As far as I know they didn't take and are not taking supplements. So, I
don't take supplements. I really hope I'm not the only one on this list who
avoids them. I need support! If I'm alone then convince me that I'm wrong,
convince me that I should take some pills. :(

/Fredrik