From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 2008 15:40:07 +0100
On 30 Apr 2008, at 14:41, Robert Kesterson wrote:

>> How about fixing things that don't take so much time and effort?
>
> I second that.  I make breakfast and lunch at the same time (lunch
> goes
> to work with me), takes about 30 minutes or so.  I typically make a
> stir-fry -- they're fast, easy, and tasty.  Dinner usually takes a
> similar amount of time, so all told that's an hour a day.

Ha, my meals are already about as simple as I can make them!  I eat
one meal a day currently, and it is usually one of these:

* Mince meat fried with veg
* Roast meat with veg (some roast, some steamed separately)

Mince meat is about half an hour to prepare and cook, half an hour to
eat, 15 minutes to clean up.

Roast meat is more difficult.  I prefer to cook meat slowly over
several hours, but it still needs watching.  Then there's preparing
any veg that needs steaming (15 mins), steaming it (15 mins) and
putting veg in the oven at the right time.  It's more the constant
interruption checking how things are doing than the amount of time.

Thinking about it, perhaps I just have been roasting more meat
lately.  Mince meat is much easier to cook, but practically it's about
an hour and a half from walking in to the kitchen to walking out,
everything cleaned up and put away.

> I don't know about the adrenal issue, but I do know that intermittent
> fasting is natural and not harmful to a healthy person.  It's not like
> paleo man had a supermarket he could run to if he was hungry.  Some
> days
> the hunt was good, some days he went home empty handed.

I'd actually like the benefits of intermittent fasting.  It boosts
your immune system and slows aging.  It's like calorific restriction
but you get to stuff yourself, which appeals to me :D

I'm half tempted to try it anyway, just to see how I go.  I didn't
have much trouble switching to eating once a day after all.

Thanks for the replies
Ashley