From:
Judy Genova <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 May 2001 12:30:41 EDT
I've been wondering lately how frequently hunter-gatherers would eat eggs.  I
can eat them daily, and never seem to tire of them.  Yet, if I were to find
them on my land, it would only be the very rare robin or grouse egg I might
stumble upon, and only in the spring....  Usually, they are broken by the
time I see them.

Charles, do you have any research about how often Native Americans found and
ate eggs?

Secondly, I found a new product in my health coop that might be considered
paleo friendly.  Its agave syrup that is certified organic, and comes from a
company named Cucamonga.  They produce both a light and dark variety, and
indicate that the dark contains all the minerals from the Blue Agave plant
grown in Mexico - iron, calcium, potassium and magnesium.  The light is
filtered.  One serving (1 tsp) contains 16 calories and 5g of carbs. Its 90%
fructose & 10% glucose.  I paid about $4.00 for 8 fluid ounces.

I think it might make a nice alternative to honey, which I find way too
sweet.....

Cheers,

Judy Genova